Sunday, June 27, 2021

Camping!!

 WE BOUGHT A CAMPER!!

I have wanted a camper for a really really long time. I used to camp with my family as a kid and loved, loved, loved it! I want my kids to experience the same things. My husband grew up in NYC so he did not camp as much (if at all). So I wanted him to experience it and have fun to.

We had been looking for a camper for a few years (I had to talk my husband into it). But we really had the time to look for one during last summer (summer of 2020)...and I finally talked my husband into it. But here is the thing, during covid, apparently sooooo many people were also looking for campers. Who knew!?! Every time we found one we liked we would go look at it, think about it, made our decision to say yes, call the seller, and boom - already sold. Apparently everyone wanted to go camping or buy a camper during covid. We even went to look at new campers at Camping World and they said their sales were through the roof, they could not keep campers in stock.

So I gave up, well, kind of. I prayed about it.  I knew that if it was God's will for us to have a camper it would happen in His time. And it did.

We say a camper on Craig's List and went to go look at it. It is older, a 2009, but in great condition. So we bought it. While I wanted to completely renovate it, my husband said no. Which is actually fine because I don't know if we would have actually have finished it.

While we did not get a change to go camping that summer, we searched and searched for a seasonal site for this summer. Again, because everyone had bought a camper last year, this year all the sites were booked. We put ourselves on some waiting lists and finally got a call that there was an opening. So we have a seasonal for this summer!! I cannot tell you how excited I was (and still am).

We have been camping almost every weekend. The kids love it! I love it! My husband loves it! Another reason to thank God for all His blessings. I wanted to be able to unplug, leave the screens behind and that is what we get to do.









No comments:

Post a Comment